To help protect your Missouri State user account, the University utilizes Microsoft's multi-factor authentication (MFA) and self-service password reset (SSPR) services. These services require you to enter your Account Security Information to verify your sign-in attempts, reset your password, or unlock your account. To keep your Account Security Information up to date, use the button below or go to MissouriState.edu/Account and select Check or Update Security Information.
Setting Up Account Security Information
To prevent password panic, set up all three options. If you do not have all three security options entered, you will need to contact the Help Desk for password and locked account assistance.
- Microsoft Authenticator mobile app – With this app, you can authenticate by simply responding to a notification on your smartphone. It can also provide you with a six-digit code, which can be used when no data connection is available. You can download the Microsoft Authenticator app for free from the iOS App Store or the Google Play app store. Read more about the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Telephone (choosing text, voice, or both counts as one authentication option)
- Text message to a mobile phone – A six-digit code will be sent to your mobile phone as a text message.
- Voice call to any phone number – With this option, you will receive a voice call and can respond by pushing pound (#) on the phone keypad when prompted.
- Non-University Email Address – With this option, you will receive an email that includes a six-digit code. This cannot be a Missouri State email account. This option does not work for MFA prompts, only password resets and unlocking your account, so if you set up this option you will need to make sure you have also set up a telephone number and/or the authenticator app.
For detailed instructions, see How to Set Up Your Account Security Information.