Missouri State embraces diversity and inclusion as a core value, and we recognize access to information as a basic human right. Creating accessible documents is an important aspect of maintaining this core value. The information provided below will help users to create accessible content in Office and Adobe Acrobat products.
Accessibility in Office and Office 365
The following guides provide useful information and tips for creating accessible documents and emails in both Office for your desktop and Office 365 online.
- Make your Outlook email accessible
- Make your Word documents accessible
- Make your Excel spreadsheets accessible
- Make your PowerPoint presentations accessible
Use the Accessibility Checker to find accessibility issues in Office 365 and Office 2016
Create accessible PDFs in Office
Accessibility video training for Office
Microsoft Learning Tools
Microsoft Learning Tools are a set of free tools that are now a part of OneNote, Word, Outlook, OfficeLens, Edge, and beyond—with plans to integrate them across Office and Windows. Microsoft Learning Tools implement proven techniques to improve reading and writing for people regardless of their age or ability.
Accessibility in Adobe Acrobat
The following guides provide useful information and tips for creating accessible PDF documents in Adobe Acrobat and Reader.
- PDF Accessibility Overview
- Create and verify PDF accessibility in Acrobat Pro
- Acrobat and Acrobat Reader Accessibility Features
- Acrobat Pro DC PDF Accessibility Repair Workflow
- Using the Acrobat Pro DC Accessibility Checker
- Creating Accessible PDF Forms with Acrobat Pro DC
Accessibility in Adobe InDesign
Accessibility at Missouri State University
For information about advancing accessibility, using campus services, and university policies and guidelines see the Missouri State University Accessibility web page.
- Accessibility resources for faculty
- Blackboard accessibility
- Textbook affordability and accessibility
Office for Institutional Equity and Compliance
For more information about faculty and staff disability accommodations see the website for the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance.
The Disability Resource Center
For more information about student disability accommodations and universal design, contact the Disability Resource Center.