Blackboard will be down while procedures recommended by Blackboard support to resolve the ActiveMQ issues that are impacting the My Grades tool. It is estimated that the process will take two hours to complete.. We will continue to post updates as the become available.
Blackboard Black Belt Series
Computer Services has developed a series of courses for instructors that guide you through the features of this important instructional tool. These courses can be taken individually or as part of the Blackboard Black Belt Series. Master all levels and become a Blackboard Black Belt! Each class also counts as an activity toward your Certified Distance Educator Award.
Obtain a Blackboard Black Belt
After completing the White, Green, and Black Belt Level courses, users receive the following commendations:
- Blackboard Black Belt Certificate
- Blackboard Black Belt 4" sewn patch to display in your office.
- Digital Badge for sharing on your professional and social media accounts.
- Blackboard Black Belt image to include in your signature line, websites, or share in your course information.
- Inclusion in the Black Belt Virtual Dojo organization in Blackboard, a collaborative space for Black Belts to share tips and enhance their Learning Management System knowledge.
- Exclusive invitations to additional webinars, sneak peeks at upcoming features and Blackboard updates, and opportunities to maintain mastery and earn the current year's Black Belt patch.
Register for a class
Take a class in-person - You can reserve your seat for a class via My Learning Connection, but registration is not required. See the list of classes in our Upcoming Events.
Take a class online via self-paced video - Video Training Courses are found under the Community tab in Blackboard under Learning Management System Resources for Faculty. Email the Help Desk if you don't see that Blackboard organization.
See Upcoming Events for the next session dates and times.
Congratulations to all of the Missouri State University Blackboard Black Belts!
New! Once you become a Blackboard Black Belt, you now have the opportunity to take your professional development one step further with the Black Belt Achievements Series!
Jumpstart is the perfect place for new faculty and teaching assistants to start! Note: It is recommended that you complete this Jumpstart course prior to participation in Green Belt Level courses in the Blackboard Black Belt Training Series.
Blackboard Jumpstart: White Belt Level (1 hour)
This course introduces users to the basic features and tools of Blackboard Learn at Missouri State.
The Jumpstart class includes:
- Basic user interface and navigation
- Perspectives of both the student and the instructor
- Overview of core tools used in Blackboard Learn
- Upload your syllabus, create a class Announcement, and make your course available for students to view
This course will count as one activity towards your Certified Distance Educator Award.
Jumpstart is also delivered as a self-paced Video Course. You can find the Video Training Course library in Blackboard.MissouriState.edu in the Learning Management System Resources for Faculty organization, found under the Community tab.
Achieve a Blackboard Green Belt by completing the Green Belt Level course. Note: It is recommended that you complete the Jumpstart White Belt Level course prior to participation in Green Belt Level courses in the Blackboard Black Belt Training Series.
The Green Belt course offers a more in-depth look at Blackboard Learn.
Class content includes:
- How to build and manage course content
- Utilizing the control panel and course menu
- Setting up enhanced communication tools such as Blogs, Wikis, and Discussion Boards
- An introduction to setting up assessment tools and working in the Grade Center
Black Belt Level
Green Belts can achieve a Blackboard Black Belt by completing the Black Belt level course.
Black Belt Level (2 hrs)
In this course, you will explore a variety of advanced options in Blackboard Learn.
The Black Belt course focuses on:
- Adding more engaging content to courses through media files and online resources
- How to utilize group work and learning modules more effectively
- The different ways to monitor student activity and performance
Already a Blackboard Black Belt? Check out the new Black Belt Achievement Series and become a Blackboard Grandmaster!
See the Information Services Notifications and Outages blog for current updates.
Follow the above link to view our locations and hours. Contact us by phone or chat at the Service Desk, or stop by one of the Open-Access Computer Labs for any technical assistance you may need!
Leave feedback for the Help Desk.
Please do not include any sensitive information such as your PIN or passwords in correspondence.