Microsoft Student Advantage Program
Missouri State University is proud to provide the Microsoft Student Advantage program. Because of the University’s enterprise agreement with Microsoft, students are able to download and install Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus desktop applications at no additional cost. This gives students the latest version of Office.
Where can I download Office 365 ProPlus?
Instructions for installing the software and managing licenses are available on the Experts page How to Install Office 365. You can use Office 365 ProPlus on up to 5 devices. Downloads are available for the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows
- Apple OS X
- Mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone
Who is eligible?
Any student who is currently enrolled in classes at Missouri State University. Faculty, staff, and alumni are not eligible for this program.
What benefits does Office 365 ProPlus provide?
- A digital download of Office 365 ProPlus to install on PC/Mac for up to 5 devices
- Office 365 ProPlus stays up to date with the latest releases from Microsoft (currently Office Professional Plus 2013 for Windows and 2016 for Mac)
- Office Mobile access for iOS and Android devices
- Create and store documents locally on your computer
- Connect your student email account to the Outlook desktop client, opening more features to use with your email and calendars
What software can I download?
For Microsoft Windows, you can download the full suite of applications. This includes Microsoft Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Lync.
For Apple OS X, you can download Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac, which includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote.
Mobile Office 365 for iPhone, iPads, Android, and Windows phone devices can be used to perform limited editing of Microsoft Word and Excel documents and can view documents.
What happens when I graduate or leave Missouri State University?
Once you have left the University, your Microsoft Office ProPlus subscription will end and the software will no longer be usable.
Resources to Learn Office Products
Missouri State University full-time staff, faculty, students, and alumni can access free online training through Microsoft’s Imagine Academy. See the Microsoft Imagine Academy page for information and to request access to Microsoft Imagine Academy. Microsoft Online Tutorials Training for the 2016 applications can be found at Microsoft Office Training site.
Leave feedback for the Help Desk.
Please do not include any sensitive information such as your PIN or passwords in correspondence.