Missouri State University purchases computers from Apple, Dell, and Lenovo. For campus standard descriptions visit Suggested Hardware.
Hardware for Work
This section provides information on university-owned computers and on other hardware purchases. If you need information about purchasing computers with non-university funds, please see Hardware for Home.
Campus Standard Computers
Campus Standard Printers
Missouri State University purchases primarily Dell printers and HP Printers. For recommendations and purchasing information, please visit the Recommended Printers page.
Missouri State purchases computers from Dell, Inc., and because of the annual volume of our purchases, Dell provides promotional pricing year-round, with the price adjusted as needed.
To purchase a new system outside our recommended configurations, you should contact the Help Desk.
- Desktop computers will be purchased from Dell, Inc. or Apple Computer, Inc. Contact the Help Desk for more information.
- A university recommended computer is encouraged.
- Dell or Hewlett Packard printers are preferred. See the Recommended Printers page for information on purchasing a printer, including recommendations and important considerations to make when buying.
- All Dell computers ordered will come with the latest Windows operating system. If it is a Home or Basic version, you must have it upgraded to Windows 7 Enterprise to use it on campus. Contact the Help Desk to schedule time to install a campus friendly version of Windows.
- Check with the Help Desk or Procurement before ordering a printer or scanner. We may have a better price.
Apple computers can be ordered through the Missouri State Bookstore.
When purchasing a server level system, contact the Help Desk. Standard servers will be purchased from Dell, Inc.
Missouri State University works with vendors to provide discounts to its students, faculty, and staff. See Hardware For Home above for more details.
Leave feedback for the Help Desk.
Please do not include any sensitive information such as your PIN or passwords in correspondence.